Saturday, September 6, 2008

MY HEART OVER FLOWS WITH A GOOD THEME!

Psalm 45:1 My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

This morning my dear wife brought to me a poem written by my precious daughter Kayla. After reading my mind was quickly brought to the words of the Psalmist in Psalm 45:1 My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

What joy filled my heart to have a daughter who could recite such truth concerning Him who is the very essence of all life! The Psalmist heart overflowed with immense joy when his mind was brought to contemplation of the coming Messiah!

How much more should our hearts be overjoyed, our cups filled to the top running over, for to us the contemplation of the Messiah should be more than a theme He is a present reality!!!

Listen to how John responded to such a marvelous theme!
1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life -- 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us -- 3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.

Here is Kayla’s poem!

I KNOW

I know you had to die for people,
who hated you, I know.
I know you had to choose to die for mockers,
But I also know that you rose from the dead,
and many was amazed.
You said judgment will come any day,
Yes, that is what you said.
You will raise people from the dead,
Yes, the dead shall be raised,
And all who had faith, you will take to your place on high.
Not just any place, My God’s place.
And I will bow before my God of Grace,
For A King who took on death,
For a King who took my place!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey!!! You got into bloggin'?? Good for you. ;) And you post more than your wife so you must be more into it than her. Haha

Anonymous said...

That's not a poem - its doesn't rhyme!!!